Clinical Practice Guideline: Employing New Enhanced Recovery Goals to Bariatric Surgery (ENERGY)
Guideline Goal: Reduce hospital length of stay and postoperative complications following scheduled surgical procedures, without increasing hospital readmissions.
· Avoid or minimize use of drains
· Avoid intraoperative opioid use
· Treat pain with multi multi-modal analgesia
· Optimize perioperative hydration and nutrition
· Increase perioperative activity
Related Guideline: Surgical Management of Obesity